View Single Post
Old 06-01-10, 09:07 PM   #15
Armistead
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 364
Uploads: 0

Not sure where he is sending you, long and lat would be easier. He may be sending you after the Lingayen gulf..think that's how it's spelled...invasion force, if you head N out of Manila you'll run into it or just sit in the gulf.

I use TMO RSRD, you do have the option with TMO to start in April, that gets you almost there, but really the Coral Sea JP TF isn't that big. However, if you're looking at all the action there, if you plan it right you can have all you want. You can go for the Shoho invasion force, then battle of Coral Sea, then hit the Port Moresby invasion force, each the day after the other.

Here is how I sort of do my battles.

Starting out of Manila I attack one of the Phillippines invasion forces, you can sit in Lingayen Gulf or go more north to Aparri where one lands. The one with all the Chitose carriers is lil north of the San Bern at 124.40E by
12.50 North. Just leave base and get there at normal speed to any and wait, they'll show up. Get time, dock or refit at Manila before it falls. When you lose Manila, you'll head to Surabaya. TMO RSRD gives you another base to refit on the way at Balicpapan, but it will fall soon. Beware, a large DD TF is usually in the area and a smaller invasion force

I then dock at Surabaya, usually early Feb, so don't wonder off. I usually go Balikpapan to attack that and hurry back to Surabaya about Feb 15 and refit. Then get ready for the large Java invasion force that shows up around Feb 27/28, but I attack it about 50 nm's NNW of Semarang. If you hurry up and attack it flank back to Sura to refit...not dock or you'll miss out. Careful, there is a rather large TF that you have to beat to Sura full of DD's and CA's and you'll usually run into them. A large allied TF will also be in the area and they'll bang heads with the Japs just north of Sura, but you can slip in. If you don't refit in time, well, do as you will.

Then head to Merak, look to the harbor right of the Merak label 106.10E by 6.0S, another very large invasion force.

Base will have been gone now so Fremantle is home

If you have torps left after the Merak attack, the Christmas Island invasion force will be coming through the Sundra Straits at Merak. I usually sit at the south end by March 6. It has many Kuma's and large Tankers, many small liners...

then it's Fremantle with a big score....

Then I prepare for the Solomons Campaign, these are the best battles.

Shoho invasion force
Battle of Coral
Attack the Port Moresby force
Lae invasion force
Battle of GC
Battle of Savo
Battle of Santa Cruz...biggy
Armistead is offline   Reply With Quote