View Single Post
Old 05-19-10, 04:48 AM   #1086
frinik
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Schwere Rechner Abteilung!!!!

Am I dreaming or is this really the specs that you have on your rig?
running:
i7-920 processor,
windows 7-64bit,
6Gb Gskill Trident ram,
3xBFG GTX 260 in SLI,
2x1.5Tb WD sata drives.

3 gigs of hard disk???? Each GTX 260 has probably 1 gig of dedicated graphic /video memory so we are talking about 3 gigs of total dedicated video memory!!!! Your rig is a Tiger II while the rest of us are still driving Panzer IIIs

WOW when I see the resolutions and FPS you're getting I am flabbergasted!!!!!Mind you I would hate to see your electricity bills because 3 high end graphic cards must require a lot of juice. Not to mention that you probably need a couple of cooling fans or pads to stop your pc from overheating!!!!

When I think I am happy playing Steel Fury missions with anywhere from 12 to 26 fps at 1280 X 768 resolution and other games I can't pass 40 fps....And Tvst best case scenario I get 25 fps with the stock missions and with Zee's mods anywhere from 4.6 to 11 fps.....

This is great fior you, and us and ZeeWolf because once you join our merry club you'll be a Beta Tester for sure and we'll get an idea of what a super-boosted rocket -type rig like your can achieve with Zee's mods.If you get 30 fps with his mods on then you'll be on top of the hill!

You seem to be playing mostly RTS . It's great to jump into the world of sims because it gives you the concrete feel of a battlefield whereas RTS give you more the abstract or impersonal side of it.

Best of luck job-wise!

Cheers
frinik is offline   Reply With Quote