View Single Post
Old 05-18-10, 03:01 AM   #848
moscowexile
Navy Dude

Downloads: 206
Uploads: 0

Improving by the hour now mods are being added. I still maintain that out of the box the game's "arcady", as many others have also pointed out. And there are far too many bugs and glitches, but that's almost as was to be expected from Ubisoft: SH4 was the same when it was released.

The graphics are outstanding: they make modded SH3 pale in comparison. But the question is, no matter how breathtaking it may be to cruise down Kiel Fjord after leaving one's submarine pen, does such "eye candy" improve the quality of the game? Sure, it's nice, but whenever I play SH3 with SH3Commander, I always opt for missions to start at sea: I want to get out there hunting.

I have yet to experience SH5 on the hunt using manual targetting but I'm sure that it will be an exhilerating experience once the modders have got into action, if not before.

As regards the comment that my complaint about the executive officer's eye-patch is a petty one, I think it no more a petty complaint than those made by many in this forum about the ringing of sea boots on metal ladder rungs, which occurrence, I should think, would not have been an unnatural one on board a submarine, whereas an eye-patch wearing serving officer at sea in a WWII U-Boot would have been unheard of.

But each to his own taste.

Über Geschmack läßt sich nicht streiten!

(The lust for destruction is at the same time a creative lust.- Mikhail Bukhanin.)

Last edited by moscowexile; 05-18-10 at 12:38 PM.
moscowexile is offline   Reply With Quote