View Single Post
Old 05-16-10, 10:52 AM   #130
gouldjg
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 4
Uploads: 0

No I think it is fantastic what you are doing.

Like you, I think a lot of the special abilities are way way too beefed up however possibly unlike you, I also see them as a method to add some form of variety / randomness in the game. A privilliage we did not have with SH3 thus sinking ships starting to become a matter of maths.

As you say, it iss a matter of personal preference and persons will no doubt tweak to suit and so they should.

It would just be impossible for you to find the perfect balance for all playing styles in the game. Some people will stick with default abilities and max them out and others may not.

What I was possibly suggesting, was if you should take a peek at the special abilites file, you will be able to figure out a mean average of additional damage % and modifiers and you or someone else could work on a average number which should then provide a damage model that may suit more people whether or not using special abilities.

At the same time, I am very much appreciating that what you are doing takes much more time and effort to develop than it would for others to adjust, their playing styles or mod choices / tweaks.

I just raise the points mainly for other people to be mindful about so they do not fall into the trap of getting you mod, using another damage enabling mod, upscaling all thier special abilities and then thinking WTH, this is too overpowered so it must be your mods fault when in fact it is not.

I really look forward to you future work in this area.

Gouldjg's Crew Ability Balancing Mod for SH5 1.2
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=169630
gouldjg is offline   Reply With Quote