View Single Post
Old 05-15-10, 10:52 PM   #12
Alfamemnon
Watch

Downloads: 15
Uploads: 0

Ubisoft did not do a whole lot of research before making Sh4. Some scources claimed that if submarines were in real life in similar condition than they were in SH games, they would not have been allowed to leave port for war patrol. I would be happy if at least the battery duration is made realistic in the subs of this upcoming mod.

Could it be possible to further take advantage of the fact you successfully implemented planes taking off from aircraft carrier? Such as make the Japanese submarine aircraft carriers for this game so that you could make planes taking off from your submarines deck attack enemy forces and/or scout with little or no danger to your own ship?

Also, please consider having German technology available at least in some form (in case Japanese technology sucks) but it would probably cost a little bit more renown. It is a fact that I-8 and I think the monsoon u-boats, too, managed to bring the Japanese some German blueprints and even ready equipment in spite of the fact sea voyage between German bases such as Bergen, Lorient, Brest etc and Japanese bases such as Penang, Surabaya, Singapore etc was so long and dangerous nothing less than IXD2, Kaidai or Junsen were able to do it. I heard that like uboats, Japanese submarines suffered heavy losses too (though not probably as heavy as 75%) so the IJN submarines were probably affected by the fact Allies had to develop very formidable ASW methods to deal with the uboat menace. This is what I think justifies high technology level for Japanese campaign too if possible to implement.
Alfamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote