View Single Post
Old 05-14-10, 10:16 PM   #52
ddrgn
Korvettenkapitän

Downloads: 362
Uploads: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by pythos View Post
The details are all in my description. Really simple honestly.

I am noticing the VIIA, is having some roll instability in 4 MPS winds, and it seems to bob quite a bit. I may lower the CG .02 meters to see how that works. I don't like feeling I am in a bath tub toy. LOL So with that there is still some work to be done. This is happening with the boat in the campaign (new campaign since my old one got buggered by the patch.)

Some fun reading about the VIIA, in real life they had bad depth keeping properties....just like our Sh5 model does. That is kinda cool the devs kept that in mind. Or perhaps when you put in the historically accurate figures, we get an unstable boat.

For the person with the observation problems. Surface your boat and fully extend both scopes. Your problem will be glaringly obvious.

The eyepiece of the observation scope was in the control room, whereas the attack scope eye piece was a good couple of meters higher in the conning tower.

So at depths your attack scope is skimming the surface, the fully extended observation scope in at least 2 meters below the surface. This is acurate seeing as the scopes were equal length.
Its not accurate for your planes men to just let the sub sink to the bottom, if the captain orders a 100m and it holds at 105m due to the maintain problem than that would be more accurate IMO. Instead of the planes men letting you slip into the abyss.

As for the other issues you mention, its all in the eye of the beholder ;]
ddrgn is offline   Reply With Quote