Old 05-14-10, 12:38 AM   #1048
ZeeWolf
Sea Lord

Downloads: 58
Uploads: 1
Default 4gigpatch and Daniel Pisstelli

Quote:
Originally Posted by frinik View Post
Zee did he say no as in no way I am going to do that or no as in I have no time right now?

Well, what we need and I am surprised somebody in Silicon Valley or Europe or Japan/Korea/Taiwan has not come up with soem kind of plug-in device that would boost your fps rate by say 40%.I know there are external graphic cards( unfortunately only designed for the Fujitsu-Siemens brand of laptops) , external hard disks and all kind of often more or less useful gizmo on the market but nobody has come up with such a device.When you think how huge the gaming market is(US $ 150 billion and growing at 11% a year) and how international ( no longer restricted to Europe and North America. Asia, Eastern Europe and LatAm are catching up fast))it has become there's tons of money to be made by inventing a thing like that!.

I don't want to sound dismissive of 4gigpatch or prioaff but frankly this is small potatoes.Giving a 1 or 2 fps boost to a game that need to run at 20 to 30 is like putting a plaster on limb that has been chopped off!
I believe it was two fold - time and work on a specific game. I am totally
confident in Daniel's ability to create a performance patch for PC Sims and
Games as a general wide range patch. And he just started a new job at
Hex-rays in Belgium that he says(in his blog) he is very happy with.
I think he deserves allot of appreciation for what he has already done in
sharing his excellent programing skills with no charge. This fellow is truly
generous and highly skilled.

ZW
ZeeWolf is offline   Reply With Quote