View Single Post
Old 05-09-10, 12:13 AM   #112
icecold
Gunner

Downloads: 84
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arclight View Post
Been experimenting with capsizing and got close, but it needs a rather extensive overhaul of individual ship modeling. It's on the to-do list, but progress is on hold untill Ubi shoves that patch out the door so I don't have to go back over everything.

When you say they're just holding on, how much torpedoes did you fire at it?
Depends on the ship, and varys alot but it just looks from appearance that they should go down a few seconds sooner from there appareance. Mabey slightly quicker sink time!? (very slightly)

Heres an example. 3 torps in and a split ass on a tanker (tough cow).

25 minutes later

Now i am aware its a tanker and it lasts, but it lasted another 5 minutes with just its head sticking out, i think a slight increase (i keep enthasising a slight as i want to watch them sink and flood) would be perfect. However i am just a realism freak and your mod is awsome and brings SH5 close to the mechanics of SH3/4. So i wouldnt mind a no change

I just feel SH3/4 had it right, and your almost on the ball, but they clinch on for that few seconds too long imo (Literatly its seconds not minutes, but those seconds make the differance to a odd looking sinking ship lol)
icecold is offline   Reply With Quote