View Single Post
Old 05-08-10, 08:26 PM   #1019
ZeeWolf
Sea Lord

Downloads: 58
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by morttheslayer View Post
ZeeWolf you've dragged this sim up and given us all a massive amount of hope. Even with FPS issues we can see the potential.

If you could cover everything with snow and take all the leaves off the trees you could get another 8FPS I reckon
Not for a summer campaign I might add!!

Seriously - I don't think any of us expected you to rewrite the whole programme.

BTW - I found a bug?? anomoly anyway,
Perhaps Frinic will kindly look out for it if he gets time, to confirm what I and Lc have found.
I call it "Tigers in the sky"! The installation of Kurskv.6 light affected me by altering the behaviour of the second Tiger in Two Russian missions Simaskovo Recon and Tiger Trap, also Second German mission attack on Beskudnikovo (spelling??).

The Pre kursk Alpha installation was fine.

In these Kursk v.6 (light) 3 missions the second Tiger appears to be elevated (no ground detail underneath) and looks suspended. This checks out at mission end when you use the tab key to check other units. In Tiger Trap I got "shot" early (deliberately) then used the tab to check the German column that hadn't departed/activated yet. The rear Tiger appeared some 8 metres in the air!
this apparent elevation worstens if the mission progresses.
In the second German mission the second Tiger starts out OK but ends up elevated.
Lc has confirmed that he has the same result as me with the Russian Tiger Trap mission, and is checking others.

I'm sure this can be cured if a common fault - but thought I would point it out to see if anyone else has this problem?

Zee I don't expect you to drop everything because this has not been definately confirmed yet so please don't. You have enough to do.
It just may be a couple of us with this problem - possibly needs re-installing?? Would really appreciate anyone else's comment on this particular anomoly to compare. Anyway definately more checking required here.

All the Best - Mort
No Mort it has been confirmed well enough. I just finished an e-mail concerning this same issue in the stock German mission 2. So I will
definitely get it sorted out. Meanwhile I just went through hell yesterday
and finally figured out my problem this morning with a Ram upgrade on
this new Asus P5Q Pro Turbo MoBo. My Ram modules are the wrong
model for a 4Gig upgrade. Oh well so much for that.

Anyway the German Mission 3 and 4 release would be great place to put the Flying Tiger fix in. And at this point who knows what else I could fit
in this release too.

Vorwärts Kameraden!

ZW
ZeeWolf is offline   Reply With Quote