View Single Post
Old 05-04-10, 10:00 AM   #1006
morttheslayer
Soundman

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Hardware Its a best guess for this

Frinic & Zee, most of us have fairly strong specs - not top of the pops but no slouches either.

I wholeheartedly agree with Frinic.
I came to the conclusion (monitoring my CPU and GPU) that it's a combination of Graphics and CPU mainly. My graphics are run at 1024x768 not the screen native Resolution but the NVid 9800GTX+ seems to give best results at this with TvsT. There are some strange anomolies in performance like FPS goes up a lot when using F5 Gunners or Commanders views until you traverse; and in some areas it's OK; and in others the screen tears slightly, and sometimes the screen will freeze (slightly/momentarily) and FPS drop dramatically, and you can be stationary when this happens!

PC Specs CPU Core 2 Duo E8500 (2x3.16GHz) 1333 M/Board Asus P5QC Skt775
Graphics Ge Force 9800GTX+ 512mb o/b mem RAM 4 Mb Corsair DDR3 1600Mhz
HDD Seagate 500Gb SATA2 7200rpm Audio Creative X-Fi Xtreme Audio7.1
OS XP Home SP3 Task Manager- 18 Apps running (incl TvsT) no overclocks

When I've flashed up Task Manager the core/s run about 53% so don't look like the're sweating!
I always felt a better GPU with at least 1Gb of quality onboard RAM (like DDR5) and a slightly quicker "screen monitor" response would lift my hardware performance up considerably. Also a sound card with some onboard processing RAM might help. Love to try and report all this theory but I'm in "saving up" mode at present

I honestly think Zee you've got your work cut out with this programme, I mean little things like your tank is ascending a hill - its sloping to the left
so you need constant/periodic attention to steering cos you'll steer following the lie of the land if you don't - like real life!! Now that's pretty wonderful but it must be hitting your resources (RAM, CPU whatever?).
I think you can only do the best you can and get a balance.

Has anyone noticed BTW when your tank hits a tree you sometimes stop and/or get the train on rails effect, but the other tanks seem to just steamroller through with no ill effects (Wolfgangs tree removal service someone called it ). Maybe this effect if applied to all tanks would seize it all up on CPU oveload!! I don't know (there again there's a lot I don't know according to Mrs Panzer Commander).

I've solved nothing as usual!! "A problem shared is a problem Doubled" proven once again eh!!
All the Best - Mort
morttheslayer is offline   Reply With Quote