View Single Post
Old 05-03-10, 02:44 PM   #1352
Zedwardson
Sparky

Downloads: 10
Uploads: 0

Well my first campaign ended last night, Otto Van Graff and U-46 where off of Bristol, July 1940, and came across two torpedo boats, was able to hide in the very shallow waters, but when I came to the surface to get out of there, a ASW Trawler was on top of me, firing within a hour of surfacing, I moved to avoid this, and I ran into two more groups.

Ended up having two Torpedo boats, a ASW Trawler, a flowers Class, and FOUR V&W class ships on top of me in no more then 40 meters of water. My first escape was foiled by dud torpedos (fired three at a V&C that was blocking my escape, and two duded, and it survived the one strike.

The they had me circled and closing in, the first round of depth charges damaged my rudders, and I knew I had to do something drastic, I told my men I hoped they told there families and girls back home that they loved them, and went to flank, surfacing, hoping to at least be able to zigzag into deeper water. Never made it to the surface as one of the V&Ws dropped depth charges right on top of me.

Starting a new one tonight, of course, tempted to mod my recently purchased game with GWX and SubCommander.
Zedwardson is offline   Reply With Quote