View Single Post
Old 04-30-10, 02:02 AM   #954
frinik
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default ZW Mods Instal and First Impressions of Mission 1

Baifo, If you have Vista ( doesn't matter whether it's the 32 or 64 version ) installed on your pc or laptop I found out at my expense e that the only way you can successfully install ZeeWolf's mods are by using the Administrator rights( use the right click on the file in other words).If you don't then your mods do not install or not properly. I am going to upgrade soon to Windows 7 and I am looking forward to it. Frankly Vista ain't fun!!!!

If you have vista here's what I did to instal all of ZW's latest mods or missions. I download his mod//mission and save it into a desktop folder called ZW mods or whatever you like.Then I extract the file in that folder using Administrator rights( i.e use the right click instead of the regular clicking on the mouse pad).Once the file is extracted I just copy the resulting application file into my game main folder and then using the normal mousepad click I execute it.After going through the autoinstal I then get message install successful.If you have problem using the normal mousepad click once the application file is copied in your game folder you can always resort to the right click option once more.But I have done that procedure ever since I installed his members only downloads and it's the only way I can get them installed and working.

If you don't have Vista then I am at a loss to explain how come you don't succeed in your endeavours. If it is the case then I suggest you tell how you install Zw mods/missions.

By the way, Zee Kursk mission 1 " lite" for fps conscious dieting players installed successfully.It 's excellent and harrowing. Getting bombarded for a full 15 minutes on a huge, bare plain without any cover to speak of , hearing shell crashing all around you non stop without having the chance to fight back is nerve-wracking. Wonderful atmosphere; it's a brand new game! No more little boy missions as in the original TvsT now it's a playground for Big Boys! I only played it once because I did my instal late last night and got myself killed in that fortified village as my wingmen got themselves killed and the ambushed SU 100s zapped me out while I was looking for targets. I got 54 registered hits but did not kill a single gun, tank , mortar or infantry.??????....

FPS-wise anywhere from 4.2 to 6, a little choppy at times but very playable overall.I experienced my Tiger nosediving and stalling 2 or 3 times during the rush forward. It seems that the ground became soft in some spots and it would cause the engine to stall while I was being concked on the hull by Red artillery.Nice to see plenty of new stuff; guns, emplacements, models etc.You truly have delivered on your promises!

I really felt disoriented in the first 5 minutes of the mission partly because the aritllery was opundind all around me and because the map is so big now that you feel small on it. This in my opinion is excellent because it really makes you feel like those tank crews going forward on the vast empty plains of the Ukraine, Russia and Belarus.Forward with a knot of apprehension in your throat and a terrible feeling of vulnerability.OUT standing work Meister Zee.

I have learned from my first failure and luckily my crew and myself are alive.As my friend Schwarzenegger once said :

" I vill pe pack!"

Over and out.
frinik is offline   Reply With Quote