View Single Post
Old 04-27-10, 10:31 AM   #668
SkyBaron
Lieutenant

Downloads: 673
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeFF View Post
It's just the way the game randomizes the voices for each crewman. All the different speech sets can be and are used in RFB.

Luke, thanks for answering. I guess there's something wrong with my installation then. I ran a test using a program called "Process Monitor" to log what files are being accessed from the sound\speech folder and sure enough only voice set #1 was being used. It didn't matter what mission I chose, what time I started my career or what boat I used. I only have RFB + latest patch installed:

I have multiple SH4 installations using TMO and RFB. I did the same test with TMO and it works just fine. It has more voice randomization, for example in a single mission it would have ChE from set #1, helmsman(using ChE voice) from set #4, NaO from set #3, and WaO from set #2. Maybe TMO has a better speech implementation and RFB uses the default one. I wouldn't know because I never played vanilla SH4.

I'm not a "modder" so this is just a guess but I also noticed that the file CrewMembers.upc has the value Voice= assigned to different numbers in TMO and assigned to NULL in RFB. Would that have anything to do with the choice of which voice to use?

I started playing TMO before trying RFB so maybe I just got used to hearing my crew with different voices This is in no way a deal breaker, it's probably just a personal preference. Like I said I really enjoy all the RFB improvements to the game, I was just hoping there was a tweak or something for the voices.
SkyBaron is offline   Reply With Quote