View Single Post
Old 09-08-05, 12:30 PM   #6
DarkShip
Mate

Downloads: 217
Uploads: 0

Oleg,

Installing the russian voices is quite easy (I asume you are talking about Crazy Ivan's Mod).

This mod replaces the original voices of the Akula and/or the Kilo crew.
As usual, we need jsteed's Sound Editor (v1.02) to edit and modifie the .wav files in the sfx.agg files.

Follow the steps below to modifie the Akula sfx.agg file (...DW\Interfaces\AkulaII\ sfx.agg).

- First, make a backup of the original sfx.agg and store it safely.
- On your desktop, unrar Crazy_Ivans_Russian_Voice_Mod.rar; you'll get 4 files:
.Akula_.rar
.Kilo_.rar
.Rus_Subs_Voice_Common.rar
(actually, there are 10 common.rar files, part 01 to 10, but as they are all the same, you'll only need one of them)
.and Rus_Voice_Patch_Instructions.rar, the readme file.

- Create a folder on your desktop and copy into it jsteed's Sound Editor and the sfx.agg file (from ...DW\Interfaces\AkulaII\).
- Now unrar the Akula.rar and Rus_Subs_Voice_Common.rar from Ivan's mod and copy from both folders all the .wav files into the above mentionned folder.

-Now the sweet step, launch jsteed's Editor:
.Hit file\open and select the sfx.agg file to be modified. (Watch the sfx.agg .wav files displayed in the editor's left window)
.Hit once again file\open and first modify the file type from .agg to .wav; then select all the .wav files and click ok. (--> the new .wav files are now displayed in the editor's central window)
.Hit "select all" below the editor's central window (this highlights the new .wav files)
.Finally, hit the "Replace files" button and watch the process in the event log window on the right.

You are done with the newly modified AkulaII sfx.agg file.
Now, copy this file into your ...DW\Interfaces\AkulaII folder.

Enjoy the new russian voices.... Thanks to Ivan!!

You may also want to keep a copy of this file; rename it (sfx_Akulla_Russian.agg for ex.) and store it with the original Akula sfx.agg file.

To modifie the Kilo sfx.agg file, go through the same process with your ...DW\Interfaces\Kilo\ sfx.agg file and use the Kilo_.rar file instead of the Akula_.rar file from Ivan's mod.

-------------------------

In my case, I don't have any strange clicks since I modified my sfx files in DW ( I did though, when I had tweaked the sfx in SC)

-------------------------

I also suggest you install Negr's great Russian Akula Panels for a really immersive DW.
BTW, Negr when will your Kilo panels be ready? I just can't wait to get those... :P