View Single Post
Old 04-20-10, 06:35 PM   #1
LostDream
Sailor man

Downloads: 72
Uploads: 0
Default Cant hit "§$%&

Evening guys and girls.

Im having a problem with my current patrol. I am trying to use my Deck 8,8mm to engage targets below 2400 tons and torpedoes for anything above that. The last three merchants I encountered where a real pain.

I learned in the Marines to understand very well the effect gravity, powder charge, humidity, barometric pressure, and just plain human error has on crew serve weapons. When you call for a danger close fire mission, those details become very, very important! But in game, I can not for the life of me, get my deck gun to fire straight on the first salvo.

I would approach a target at night. Come to within 1K yards and be 90° on his Port side. Man the gun, with two PO with Deck Gun badges and a sailor with Flack Gun badge, zoom in and get a good sight picture / sight alignment. After that, I would ask my WO for distance to target, adjust my elevation and fire...and watch the round go 5 to 10 mils either left or right!!!
After this, of course the merchant is all up in arms, dodging and weaving for his life, while Im trying to "Kentucky Windage" my rounds on target.

Am I doing something wrong? Why is it that my first round is always off center and way the heck off! I would understand if the round was short / long, but when you place the ship square on the gun-site just to watch the round sail FAR left / right of your target is very, very frustrating.

Im really thinking of sending this bunch of slackers to the Panzergrenadier boot-camp so they can learn how to properly use their weapon!
LostDream is offline   Reply With Quote