View Single Post
Old 04-20-10, 10:35 AM   #67
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeast View Post
I know that editing all the Mesh's and 3D Models is going to be a PITA.
I sent a PM but you didnt respond so I am posting this thought here.

Did you consider the idea of creating a new Flags_TDW.DAT file with only 2 flags in it?

Do not imbed the images in the DAT file. Add 2 Material nuggets for flag textures (i.e. FlagU_TDW.dds, FlagL_TDW.dds). Do not select to load "in Memory"(Requires game restart to change images "for normal users" if you do)
Then add the Material nuggets from above to their respective Flag 3D Model nuggets.

This will allow users to change the flag textures simply by copying the flag "DDS" textures they want to the FlagU_TDW.dds and FlagL_TDW.dds file names.
This will also save you the time and hastle of working on all of the flags currently in the stock Flags.dat file.
that's how the flags are currently setup. You change the flag by changing the .dds file for it.
Now as far as the animations for the flags, each flag has it's own animation (they are embedded in the files). I have to scale all 100 keyframes for the flag's animation one time and then I can re-embed them in the files (I can change the order of the keyframes to give each flag a different animation sequence during run). I don't have to mess with the stock Flags.dat file at all. I don't want to touch that file
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote