View Single Post
Old 04-16-10, 07:27 PM   #266
Paulus von Rayburg
Watch

Downloads: 71
Uploads: 0

I find changing the crew rating in the .mis file for the ship/s you're up against gives me great variation in setting the performance of guns against me. I've associated .mis files with wordpad and open them and alter them as i like (I realise I can also alter ratings with the mission editor, not sure as precisely though).

For instance, if I set the opposing ship/s crews rating to 5 or 4 in the .mis file, that's pretty lethal. If I set it to 3, it's more even or I get the better of it.

I like setting up mega battles eg Hood, Prince of Wales. KGV, a couple of US battleships against Bismarck. Yamato, Prince Eugen, Scharnhorst. I either play a watching brief as a sub or an active role - playing Bismarck or Scharnhorst.

I like the fact that you can tinker with the crew rating of each ship (including your own ship) to even things up, giving some a 4 rating and some a lesser 3 rating to balance up the contest.

This really is a fantastic mod IMO and I can't wait for even more from Chinese U7, great.
Paulus von Rayburg is offline   Reply With Quote