View Single Post
Old 09-05-05, 06:09 PM   #168
LuftWolf
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 2
Uploads: 0

Ok, here is a working list of changes for the next version of the mod.

Keep in mind, a number of these changes constitute major readjustments, and as such, may need to be refined an integer this way or that in future versions.

Submarine and Ship Sound Level Fix-- (In colloboration with Periscope Depth, credit also to Finiteless and jsteed)

I have lowered the Passive Sound Levels of the submarines generally to decrease detection ranges in ASW and adjusted them to reflect real world values. Also, American warships have been made quieter. Here is a sample of values.

Han-74, OHP/Spruance-68, Akula I-62, Oscar/688-60, Trafalgar/AkulaIimp-59, 688i/Vepr'-58, Gepard/Kilo-57, Ohio/SW-55, KiloImp-53, Collins-50.

Sensor Changes (In colloboration with Periscope Depth):

I have added sensors to all sonar-bearing platforms that reflect realistic sonars. I have done this in the following method. Divided the sonars into three catagories: Western, Modern Russian/Soviet-Nuclear, Eastern Diesel/Old Eastern Block. From the Western, I made three scaled versions each of the Sphere, Hull, and TA sonars from the 688i sensors, and assigned them to each platform in the game with Western sonars, according to level and whether they had a TA. I then did the same for the Modern Russian, borrowing from the Akula Sensors, assigning them to nuclear submarines with modern Eastern Sonar. The Kilo array model I used for diesels with eastern sonars and old submarines, which are mostly eastern.

The primary difference between the Western and Eastern sonars are the washout speed. The best Russian arrays are more sensitive than the worst Western arrays (still good), but the Western arrays maintain a signal at a higher speed. The new Eastern sonars and the old Eastern sonars differ in terms of their maximum range, the Kilo sensors I used for the model are much shorter range than the Akula sensors.

Akula II Gepard/Oscar-- I have added the Pelamida II, which has a max operational speed 4 kts faster than the Pelamida. This is a hypothetical change.

Torpedo Changes:

Amizaur is currently modeling varying-quality seeker cones for torpedos. He also has doctrines that prevent AI platforms from sinking ships with torpedos launched at submarines and, *perhaps*, a doctrine-level fix that prevents torpedos from exploding on CM's!!!

I have reduced the speeds of all torpedos over 55 kts with the following compensations: ADCAP-given PSL 15 points lower than other torpedos (from finiteless Realism Mod); type 89, Spearfish, APR-2E compensated with extra range; Type 40 no other changes, as it has been considered before on its own to reduce effectiveness of SS-N-27 ASW.

I have changed some Russian ASW warfare aircraft to drop the APR-2E, the same torp as the Helix, as previously it had been overlooked that they were dropping the modded 53cm/USGT.

Mk46--Given Mk54 hypothetical specs 17km@50kts with max depth 500m and a light weight, for airdrop use in littoral waters. I have given the Mk46 ASW torpedo Mk 46 specs, and swapped out the modded Mk 46 in all non-American platforms and the Mk46 ASROC. I thought it wasn't good to have a useless Mk46, so I did some research and came up with a torpedo that is marginally better than the Mk50 all round, but doesn't replace it. As the Navy's intention is to have a lower cost option to the Mk50, which is very expensive. For me personally, I will be taking more Mk 54's now, unless I need to kill something deep!

Ok, I think that is it.

I am waiting to hear back on a few things and then rewrite the readme and probably change a few values this way and that, and the mod should be out in version 2.0.

I hope you guys enjoy! :|\

EDIT:

To Be Added:

-Sonar sensor feedback enabled for ADCAP (from Amizaur)!

-Civilian Ship Damage remodelling, to make civilian ships like Super Tanker realistically hard to sink.

-Passive Sonars added for AI surface platforms.