View Single Post
Old 04-11-10, 09:35 AM   #314
CybaGirl
Sailor Gal

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gian View Post
Anyone else having issues with getting the hi-res fix to work under Vista?

I can load up to the loading screen just past the intro videos the it crashes with a message saying SH3 stopped working. I have the two files (d9d.cfg and d9d.dll) in the root directory of SH3.

Any ideas?
I have an issue where it just doesn't work period! I have the files inside my SilentHunterIII directory and the game loads fine. But I don't get any changes in the way of the resolution being higher. The screen seems to be still at 1024 x 768 or whatever the resolution is.

The only difference I notice is that I can move my mouse off the screen and when moving it back it takes a while before it comes back into view. This happens at the bottom of the screen and to the right of the screen.

So those d9d files have done something. Just that the game screen itself is not in a higher resolution for some reason.

BTW I am trying to get it to display in 1680 x 1050. I even went back to 800 x 600 and thats how I came across the mouse movement as it would only move inside an 800 x 600 sized area on the menu of the game.
CybaGirl is offline   Reply With Quote