View Single Post
Old 04-05-10, 08:05 PM   #54
CybaGirl
Sailor Gal

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 0

Well this is how I see things.

I pre ordered and brought the Australian Collectors Edition ($109.00) as I have been so looking forward to the next installment of this series. However after installing it and playing it for a couple of hours I became very frustrated and angry with the game. I was very disappointed as it was nothing like SH3 and I guess I had high expectations of the game. Originally I thought it would be like SH3 but with updated graphics. But as soon as I loaded the game interface I realized it was nothing like SH3.

Now this may be good for some and maybe bad for others. For me it was bad and I do not like having to move around inside of the sub either. As this made me feel quite nauseated. I have this same problem with first person shooter games as well. Well the Call Of Duty series are the only ones I don't get sick from for some unknown reason. Then to make things worse there was no keyboard commands so I could move around to different stations. The graphics however were amazing and I was very pleased with these.

Anyway I guess I was expecting alot from this game and I guess my hopes and expectations were shattered.

Am I angry or upset about spending so much money on the game?

NO

Why?

Because the way I see it. Even though the game might not be to my expectations at the moment. I am happy to pay what I paid for the game knowing full well that I am supporting a company who continues to write, develop and produce the Silent Hunter series. Because without UBISOFT where we all be?

We would not have our Silent Hunter series and for that reason alone that would be an absolute tragedy.

Now for those of you who are bashing UBISOFT and saying they deserve this deserve that and you hope they go down. I have one thing to say to you!

PIPE DOWN!

You are not helping the situation any and if this is the kind of attitude you are going to have. Then this could be the end of the game that we all love and adore.

I don't know if you have noticed or not. But so many companies these days seem to be producing less and less for the PC and making more for the console kiddies. As I know decent WWI and WWII flight simulators are basically non existent for the PC these days! Yet there is so many of them abundant on these consoles made for kids!

Is this what you want to happen to our Silent Hunter series as well? Because if it is. Then keep bitching about the game and don't support the series by not buying it. I am sure UBISOFT will sit up and take notice and say well that was fun while it lasted. No point putting money and resources into developing something if people are not going to buy it.

No doubt sooner or later the game will be playable through all the talented and dedicated modders who are on this forum. So please be patient. You know all good things come to those who wait.

Sometimes you don't always get what you want. But you get what you need and I think SH5 has alot of potential but it also needs it's fan base to stick together and support the game. So come on guys stop fighting amongst each other and stop complaining about the game.

Because in this day an age where just about everything is about making money. If the Silent Hunter series fails to make money then I fear that any more Silent Hunter releases will not see the light of day.

Is this what you guys want?

Think long and hard about bashing the game that you love and adore. As I am sure the walls have ears.

Finally the experience I had with SH5 has been a great outcome even though the game did not live up to my expectations. Now the reason being is that I have re installed and gone back to playing SH3 after having not played it since 2006. I cannot believe how much fun I had last night! I didn't go to bed till 3AM and I have been asking myself why have I not bothered installing and playing SH3 sooner?

Anyway I look forward to the new mods and to the increased development of SH5 and in the mean time I will continue to play SH3 .

Just wish I was talented enough and had the ability to create mods myself .