View Single Post
Old 04-05-10, 04:07 PM   #46
vonTorpitz
Seaman

Downloads: 23
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordmann View Post
I gave SH5 a chance (bargain bin for the win), and so far I have been enjoying it. There are issues of course, but that is no different from any release. I think most of the resentment stems from the net requirement, which is understandable, however the game itself is not quite as bad as some are claiming. The mod community is already bashing out some truly inspirational work, and I have no doubt that more is to come, this in itself makes the game worth playing.
Nice post Nordmann. I pretty much agree with this quote in its entirety.
I love the other SH releases. I still play SH4 w/ OpsMonsun U-Boat mod, but I am so stoked about a new SH and its possibilities, that I'm in no way ready to jump ship and cut my losses. Right now, what SH5 needs most is a supportive fanbase and modding community. This is probably the most critical time in which to make SH5 sink or swim, or at least keep it afloat for now.
The gripes have all been repeated many times, the complaints have all been made. So really folks, lets move forward already. Ubisofts to blame, we all know it. But that doesnt change the fact that we have a baby here that needs some TLC. In truth, all of this negative venting at Ubisoft on this forum is counterproductive as far as getting SH5 to a playable state.
Lets not throw out the baby with the bathwater and lets get rolling on fixing this diamond in the rough