View Single Post
Old 04-05-10, 10:33 AM   #25
janh
Stinking drunk in Trinidad

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbuna View Post
The other side of the coin is for Ubisoft to consider....they are obviously aware of the strength of feeling and anguish within the subsimming community and as such IMHO it is down to them to show some measure of good faith with said client base.

Probably the best way would be to drop the need for DRM/OSP and release a few patches that fix/correct some of the fundamental problems with the game.

The community are confident they can rely on the modding fraternity to do their bit (as has always been the case) and Ubisoft are well aware of this too.

The question is.....Will Ubisoft play their part and meet us half way?
That is the point, indeed.

Besides SHV, there still is SHIII+GWX competing with it and as it stands (for me), the latter wins. I don't care much about the graphics, I want to simulate submarine warfare, so I need realism (historic), AI and features.

I'd give SHV a chance, especially that it almost reached the discounted bin after 4 weeks. But OSP-DRM is a NO by principle -- I would be screwed worse as a customer then a person that pirates it would be.
But it is nice that Ubisoft has repeated its traditions of early, buggy releases, minimzing content for shortening release cycles and helping it's stockholders gain wealth. Just not mine.

With the addition of the OSP-DRM Ubi luckily has given customers now a 2nd major reason to reject their products besides quality. It is so ironic that they sink their sales themselves. And push people to use pirated versions, or entirely ignore their franchise. I wonder where their markerting stragtegy department learned its job -- at a demolition school?