View Single Post
Old 03-28-10, 06:48 AM   #493
animal
Watch

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

I've got an intel corei7 920 @ 4.2ghz with hyperthreading on, 6gb of 2000mhz ddr3 and 2xGTX280's in SLI. This game runs really great on my machine though all I've played is the christmas gift from zeewolf and suspect the final game will slow things down somewhat. Nonetheless the game is more tehn enjoyable to play and I even can enable 16x anistropic filtering and 2x antialiasing and i still get 40+ fps at my lowest. Though I play at 1680x1050, when you play in 3d with Nvidia's 3d vision your computer is effectively doing things at double resolution (3360x2100 in my case ) On account of having to render 2 perspectives. Without 3d and AA/AF my fps varies from 75-120+.

I dont post this as an E-penis thing, only to bring forward the idea that its unlikely anything will replace this game anytime soon, and we can expect to be playing the t34vtiger scene for a good many years. That being said those of you with slower machines will be able to run it one day. I remember things were the same back in the days of panzer commander. My little p166 struggled bigtime until I got a 3d accelerator, and it was a few years after the game came out before it ran at what I would now consider "enjoyable" speeds.
animal is offline   Reply With Quote