View Single Post
Old 03-22-10, 01:40 PM   #101
7Infanterie19
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by skwasjer View Post
Hey man, any suggestions that you add yourself are welcome, or if you have ideas on new commands for which no game command exists but for which you think that they could perhaps be 'scripted' let me know too.

For example:
'decks awash' is implemented as 'set depth to 8 meters' and
'man all guns' is implemented as a dual combo firing two commands to man both the deck gun and the flak gun(s).
Sounds good! One I can think of already is the TAI map. I use the less annoying mod (merged with the dials and clock). I don't see anything in the commands.cfg other than a multiplayer thing that TAI was set up with. Actually, another thing I noticed is when setting new direction, it bumps the speed up to ahead standard. That got me in trouble trying to sneak away from destroyers. If that can be worked around, it would save lives. If there's anything else, I'll let you know, but just keep doing what you're doing 'cause it's good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noren View Post
Im awed that this could work! It could really add to the immersion!

But Im afraid that I would have to shout or repeat over and over again,
or perhaps go flank when Im running silent. Now can this be 100% avoided?
In regards to having to shout or repeat things, I don't see the need to shout if your mic is set up correctly. I use a webcam mic two feet from me and it works fine. Just use your regular voice level and you should be fine. Dont' be afraid, just go try it - you'll like it! From time to time, you may get something that appears to not work, but just repeat your command. I noticed that (even with SHSpeech) if you are in the nav map, sometimes a command won't take, or if you do an ID target, the command takes, but it doesn't seem to register, but I think that means the target needs to get into clearer range.

There's less patience required (if any) with this than SHSpeech or Shoot. I'm extemely happy that I get into the game and can already issue commands. I often forgot to load Shoot or SHSpeech, then had to tab out to do it, or if something was buggered (especially with Shoot), I had to tab out and reload the program. This is seamless in that aspect. It just becomes natural to get in and start talking - "Map" "New heading north" "New depth 20 metres" "Ahead slow".

I haven't trained speech recognition either, by the way, so it works without it, but I imagine that if you trained sr, then it can only get more accurate (if you feel that it's needed).

Enjoy.

and skwasjer, thanks again!