View Single Post
Old 03-21-10, 02:08 PM   #4
Capn Kirk
Nub

Downloads: 5
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by peabody View Post

That is exactly what it does, each setting is predefined as to what is checked and what is not. So what you want is "Custom", then put checkmarks beside the settings you want and Apply changes.
But thats what i did. I startup up sh4 go into options change the realism options, then i goto start career and choose difficulty level normal and when in the game i discover manual torpedo solutions is off. Why is it off if i changed it in realism settings so its on? I then try to go back into options (during career) to see if i can change the settings but it only lets me change graphics and sound options.

Quote:
No, the mission is not a suicide mission, you probably were going too fast. It seems the 9-10 knots seems to be the best for fuel consumption. If you set it to flank all the way, you will run out of fuel. Also, make a stop at Midway to fuel up. As you approach Midway you will get a screen that pops up and select "Refit".
ahhh i see brilliant - i'll do that next time

also what i tend to do if an enemy ship or convoy is detected (radio report or contact report) is if its reasonably near me i will sit in the direct general path of the enemy hiding underwater and when it is near - up periscope sort out the torpedo stuff bam fire away!

As i have found that if the ship/convoy is moving away from me it is very difficult to catch it up without it knowing im there.

Best option for airplanes to just go underwater when you get a contact report? One time i decide to engage one and it somehow sinks me...im sure it was a recon plane!
Capn Kirk is offline   Reply With Quote