View Single Post
Old 03-21-10, 12:56 PM   #2
peabody
Admiral

Downloads: 126
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capn Kirk View Post
Hi there i'm sorry if i have posted in the wrong section but forum wouldnt let me post in SH4 wolves of the pacific subforum? (i logged in but it acted as if i wasnt logged in)

But anyway back to matters nautical!!

I used to play SH3 aaagges ago, loved it, was even better using voice commands in game as well.

Is it possible to use VC in SH4 ?

I recently bought the SH4 goldpack.(v1.5) Completed all the "tutorials" np.

So decided to start my US career. I have a few questions/concerns though.

1. What levels of realism does "normal", "hard" etc have??? Before i started career i changed the realism settings to custom level e.g. i have Manual torpedo firing on but i have realistic batterys and co2 etc off. I have event view on etc.

But when i choose normal, hard etc in career mode it seems to change all these settings to some predefined setting. For example i had it on normal and it changed torpedo solution to Automatic. Whereas i prefer it on manual

And yet when i put it on "hard" it does have the manual solutions on yay but i reckon it has sonar/radar realistic as well because its much harder to get map contacts reported. I was getting attacked/damaged without knowing who it was when i went into accel time mode! Help!

2. Minor point this But my departure port is PearlH and im going all the way to near tokyo fora recon mission. When i get there my fuel is down to 20(100) how am i supposed to make it back to PearlH? Even my nearest allied port (midway or dutch port?) is too far away. Is this a one way suicide mission?
You answered your own question.

Quote:
But when i choose normal, hard etc in career mode it seems to change all these settings to some predefined setting.
That is exactly what it does, each setting is predefined as to what is checked and what is not. So what you want is "Custom", then put checkmarks beside the settings you want and Apply changes.

No, the mission is not a suicide mission, you probably were going too fast. It seems the 9-10 knots seems to be the best for fuel consumption. If you set it to flank all the way, you will run out of fuel. Also, make a stop at Midway to fuel up. As you approach Midway you will get a screen that pops up and select "Refit".

As for voice command, you could try doing a search for it. I think I remember someone using VC, but I don't remember what program they were using.

Peabody

System Spec: Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3, PentiumD Dual Core Presler 945 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte Geforce 7600GS, 2-1GB Corsair XMS2 800Mhz in Dual Channel, 2-WD 250 SATA 3Gb/s, Onboard Realtek HD 7.1 Audio, DVD ROM, DVD burner, Hiper 580 Watt Power supply, WinXP SP2.

peabody is offline   Reply With Quote