View Single Post
Old 03-21-10, 10:21 AM   #1
Capn Kirk
Nub

Downloads: 5
Uploads: 0
Default Hi new boat commander here :)

Hi there i'm sorry if i have posted in the wrong section but forum wouldnt let me post in SH4 wolves of the pacific subforum? (i logged in but it acted as if i wasnt logged in)

But anyway back to matters nautical!!

I used to play SH3 aaagges ago, loved it, was even better using voice commands in game as well.

Is it possible to use VC in SH4 ?

I recently bought the SH4 goldpack.(v1.5) Completed all the "tutorials" np.

So decided to start my US career. I have a few questions/concerns though.

1. What levels of realism does "normal", "hard" etc have??? Before i started career i changed the realism settings to custom level e.g. i have Manual torpedo firing on but i have realistic batterys and co2 etc off. I have event view on etc.

But when i choose normal, hard etc in career mode it seems to change all these settings to some predefined setting. For example i had it on normal and it changed torpedo solution to Automatic. Whereas i prefer it on manual

And yet when i put it on "hard" it does have the manual solutions on yay but i reckon it has sonar/radar realistic as well because its much harder to get map contacts reported. I was getting attacked/damaged without knowing who it was when i went into accel time mode! Help!

2. Minor point this But my departure port is PearlH and im going all the way to near tokyo fora recon mission. When i get there my fuel is down to 20(100) how am i supposed to make it back to PearlH? Even my nearest allied port (midway or dutch port?) is too far away. Is this a one way suicide mission?
Capn Kirk is offline   Reply With Quote