View Single Post
Old 03-20-10, 08:58 PM   #43
gouldjg
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 4
Uploads: 0

Avee, I am working on a crew mod also but wanted to share some findings with you due to long load times e.g. 2 minds better than one etc.

Did you know you can use the onoff command on your active abilities e.g. you can potentially set the engines on overcharge but rather than wait for it to time out, you can now just switch it off again if you edit the command as shown below.

[SpecialAbility 9]
ID=Ability-Active-Overcharge-Diesel
NameDisplayable=Ability-Active-Overcharge-Diesel-Name
Description=Ability-Active-Overcharge-Diesel-Description, Ability-Active-Overcharge-Diesel-Description, Ability-Active-Overcharge-Diesel-Description
Levels= 3
AbilityType=SurfaceSpeed, FuelConsume ;increases engine speed (in percents) but gives a higher fuel consumption (in percents)
AbilityValue= 2, 10, 3, 12, 4, 14
AbilityInternalValue= 37, 20, 74, 30, 111, 50 ; factor1: 3.7, factor2: 1.0
RunOnActivate= IfIsSurfaced, SpeedAheadFlank

PointsRequirement= 0, 0, 0
AbilityRequirements= 0, 1, Ability-Active-Overcharge-Diesel, 1, 1, Ability-Active-Overcharge-Diesel, 2
LevelUpTree= 2, 3, 0
MoraleCost= 1, 1, 1,
PointsCost= 0, 1, 2

AbylityActsIn= ALL

Activation=OnOff
Duration=600, 900, 1440
Cooldown=4320, 2880, 1440

Now that I just sussed that out I am thinking of what it can come in useful for e.g. manually controlling things rather than timers?

My question for you is are you able to edit and add extra passive abilities in addition to the ones already listed?

I ideally want some long term manipulated passive abilities clicking away in the background that can contain a few lets say malfunction / rapair problems. Just not completly sussed it out yet.

There is of course coming a time where the text will need editing and the ui interface and icons but I am sure once the basics are formed and a good mod is created, someone with those skills can be called upon to assist.
gouldjg is offline   Reply With Quote