View Single Post
Old 03-19-10, 05:43 AM   #198
SabreHawk
Captain

Downloads: 8
Uploads: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by elve84 View Post
I can't get the dek gun to work manually. I am surfaced, look to my binoculars. but when i press spacebar i lock a ship for torpedo firing. what am i doing wrong or does the auto fire only work with the Mod installed?
No I dont have any mods installed, not yet anyway. I plan to if the next patch doesn't fix what I want.
But I was chasing down a ship last night, finally got close enough for a visual and once the WO announced he'd spotted it I went to binocular view, got the ship insight and held the crosshair on it till it turns red. Then as it's red hit spacebar and then an arrow appears below the ship, and a little deckgun icon appears in the upper left corner of binocular and about 10 seconds later I hear them start firing away.
Now of course I will also assume this will require the right weather and sea state. Which I had.

If the sea conditions are rough you may not get this to work, at least it shouldnt anyway but I dont know as I haven't tried but in the past SH titles a rough sea, where a lot of pitching and rolling is going on will prevent manning of the guns.