View Single Post
Old 03-18-10, 01:35 PM   #79
wingtip
A-ganger

Downloads: 10
Uploads: 0

I have been using voiceattack for the last week for star trek online and immediately thought of silent hunter... but since i didnt wanna buy sh5 due to drm lag and all the other bugs i didnt give it much more thought till i saw this thread...

most voice recog programs cant do combo keys very well thus some functions cant be made to work... voiceattack works very well and you can have it trigger sounds files as well ... so you could add quite a bit of humor to your crew and even program lots of conversation or das boot clips for fun without it even activating a function in game....

for an example in star trek online i can voice command all the usual functions and abilities but for fun i can say "bridge to mr scott" and voice attack recognises it and plays back "im givin ya all shes got cap'n" lol... or "bridge to doctor mccoy" and it says "dammit jim im a doctor not a mechanic"......
the point is the possibilities are endless... its $8 for the full version which lets you make more than one profile and more than 20 commands which the trial versions are limited to....

by the way, at first the program didnt recognise much of anything i said and i got frustrated... after spending an hour within windows speech recognition and training it to my voice the voiceattack software recognises my commands every time very reliably.
wingtip is offline   Reply With Quote