Old 03-15-10, 01:23 PM   #3
kylania
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 117
Uploads: 0

Welcome aboard!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabre22b View Post
A) How do you steer your boat? Perhaps I'm missing something. 001 degrees to either side or hard rudder each way...This can't be right can it? I want to go in a circle around a patrol area, I want to adjust my approach on a target...etc etc. In other words I want to steer my boat.
Yeah, those commands are missing. They've been added back by players in various forms via mods. Personally I use TheDarkWraith's 3 Dials mod which gives you back the full rudder, speed and depth gauges and their commands. Till Ubisoft patches those commands back in, we'll have to do it via mods.

Quote:
B) What happened to locking the 3d view to my boat or to other ships?
Again, missing commands fixed (sorta) via mods. I've seen the Next and Previous ship ones work, but when you try to lock onto your own sub it breaks your camera (and therefore your avatar) so I've stopped using them and just fly my external camera 30km away if I wanna peek.

Quote:
C) I don't want to run up and down ladders to do the simplest things. (Isn't that a voice pipe I see...?) I really havn't got a clue how to give the simplest of commands quickly. e.g. Flank , 15 degrees to Port , Man the AA Gun / Battle stations , Crash Dive.
Voice pipes were at one time being developed (there's images in the data files) but they don't currently work. Speed commands are keys 1-5 and ~ to stop. Rudder changes are either 1/5 degree or Shift-Arrow keys for full rudder. Manning guns.. is.. broken-ish. Best to just aim your binocs at something and tell it to fire, it will. Won't stop, but it'll fire. Battle Stations is F7. Crash Dive is Shift-V, or the crash dive button. Use F1 to see what hot keys work currently.

kylania is offline   Reply With Quote