Old 03-06-10, 10:19 AM   #359
Kuzz
Swabbie

Downloads: 6
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuzz View Post
Hey everyone.

I have a problem with my SH5. I can only stay in a mission for about 10 minutes. After that the game freezes and I'm forced to do a hard reboot of the system. In the tutorial this is approx enough time to sink the first merchant and reach the next two boats. After that, screen freezes and sound loops - and I can't do anything short of hitting the reboot switch.

I've been following this thread since release now - but I've not been able to narrow down my problem. I saw someone else experiencing similar difficulties and someone advised him to update his audio drivers. I've done that - and it didn't help. I've also checked the Ubisoft forums. Two guys had the same problem (and it seemed we were all on ATI videocards) but Ubi have not returned with an answer yet. That said, I've always trusted you guys here on Subsim more than any developer - the response here is much better . Anyone have any ideas?

- Kuzz

Edit: Also, I should point out that I have ruled out overheating. As of today, there's a new fan on the card and it's been properly cleaned. It come up to about 70 Celsius when I play, and that shouldn't be a problem for the game itself.
If anyone is having this particular problem, I might have worked it out. It seems that if I close all unnecessary applications with the task manager the game runs fine. I've only tried it in the single missions so far - I'll report back when I've tried the campaign as well.

I don't know which app that is at fault here. But I'm beginning to suspect some of the ATI apps... This seem to be a Radeon 1950X problem so it could have something to do with the Catalyst Control Centre or something else v-card related.

Just thought I should share.