View Single Post
Old 03-06-10, 09:06 AM   #352
E.Dahlbeck
Swabbie

Downloads: 2
Uploads: 0
Default Weird recognition manual pop-up "bug"

Last night while maneuvering around a tanker to get a torp solution (my first intendet target for the "British supplies mission") I encountered what seems like a bug or semi-implemented feature (great news for this sim, heh...).

Whenever I (at the spotting scope station and probably elsewhere too) switched into Nav-map mode and then exited it by pressing W (move left) which returns you to the 3D-walking around mode, a paged recognition manual (NOT the one that is connected to the TDC!) with images of ships (mostly carriers?) in full colour (?) and a clickable option to get an "head on image" as well, pops up, cowering most of the lower left quarter of my screen. I'm running low res due to performance problems, don't know how big it would be otherwise.

The close button [x] in the manual window doesn't work. Only way to close it (and continue my attack) was to press Ctrl and click at the very edge of the screen right next to the "advanced" depth setting. I also recall that the first time i triggered this pop-up was whan I was tinkering with that advanced depth setting. After that though, it only showed after "exiting nav-map by moving left".

Anyone else seen this? Could it be leftover code from previous versions (SHV is my first of this series)? It sort of looks as if it doesn't "rhyme" with the rest of the GUI.

I'm keep you posted if I see it again.
E.Dahlbeck is offline   Reply With Quote