View Single Post
Old 02-16-10, 11:23 AM   #773
Dissaray
中国水兵

Downloads: 35
Uploads: 0

The WAW campain is into September of '43 and things are geting intresting. I was sent out to patrol just south of Ireland. After all preperations were made I cast off the lines and made for open water. All the suden I recived multipul radar warning signals over France coming out of the north. I moved to the watch deck and spun around to see what this was all about and saw a flight of bombers coming right to port.

Not about to let this stand I set my crew to the guns and added mine to the choris of flack and shells already rising from other ships. All in all we did fairly well, we hit two of the six bombers that came to play with us. Didn't get credit for any of the kills though we did cause signifigant damage.

With the base safe we moved on. On our way up the French coast we saw a few more bombers but they never saw us. That is untill night fell. Out to the west I saw two AA guns puting ammo on target and was reciveing a radar warning. Not worried I didn't dive, figuring who ever was out there shooting would kill the bomber; it didn't. Who ever was shooting out there sunk, a nutral wreck apeared on the map and moments later the bomber shows up near me.

I dive to parascope depth to keep safe from them. Moments later I was looking at damage reports and steming flooding. I poped up the Obs scope to check them out and saw that they had this big search light on their plain and some how knew where I was under the water. With no casualteis and nother broken perminantly I decided to press on.

The only contact I have seen was an ore carier flying a British ensign. Two torpidos later it was a sinking ore carier. It was two easy shots but I was rather impressed with them, the ship was trying to evaid me and I still managed to nail him. Unfortunatly both the torpidos hit in about the same place, in the starbord-bow quarter. Don't know how they maid me though, I was a ways off and submerged. I did ping them a few times to get distance, can the merchants sence that? I am under the impresion that only the war ships are equiped with sound equipment. Eather way that is another 8k+ GRT for her Ady and the U-556.
Dissaray is offline   Reply With Quote