View Single Post
Old 02-12-10, 04:10 PM   #219
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Always remember the modders do this on their own time, they are not paid, have real lives to enjoy/deal with but I assure you they strive to do their best work and eventually it will get done.

For the most part I like the RFB damage model.I think it needs some tweaking because I remember in 2.0 hitting a 1,000 ton freighter, the Taihosan Maru, forget the generic name, just know the name from TMO RSRD, small ship though.ONE torpedo to the midship area at the stack should blow that think up, took 5 torpedos to put one done, 5 come on.Again, I understand though, things cant be perfect yet.Think its just a matter of tweaking the DM to get it just right and insure it takes into account more than just flooding.

I have been learning to mod some things in past few months and its very time consuming and aggravating.Eventually once I know some things, have some small projects in mind but believe they will contribute.

Prob one of my biggest issues is when I check the loadouts of ships in ME, because it does have to do with how they blow up/sink....if they are loaded with fuel or ammo.Drives me crazy when I see most tankers loaded with freight, no fuel.Or when every single ship is carrying AMMO.Not sure if its on purpose or just an oversight but hopefully itll be corrected.Cant change it via the ME in RSRD, messes up the campaign apparently.Not just RSRD but seen this in other mods, diff in RSRD is again, cant change it yourself , easily.
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote