View Single Post
Old 02-12-10, 11:09 AM   #57
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

No problem, Lanz. I know it can be frustrating, and I don't program either. I learned a long time ago when I would say "Why can't you guys do this, it should be easy?" it usually wasn't. When we visited Sonalysts back when Sub Command was underway, the developers showed me the coding and stuff it took to make a few small changes, and the unexepected bugs it could introduce into the game. It was daunting. Similarly, when I visited Duane Doutel and he showed me the code for SH2 that Carl Norman allowed me access to in order to improve the MP; Duane explained how so many things are tied together and changing one thing can mean changing 300 other things, and they in turn may affect 1000 other things.

Also, we have to remember, this is a game, and it will not be exactly like real life, so three guys on the bridge or only two reloading a torpedo tube, yeah, it's sort of an expanded animation from the old games where you would not see any guys at all, just a bitmap of a sub profile and a torpedo slowing inching into place

Thanks for your understanding. If we are not careful, we could get a trend in the forum going where we find nothing but things we all individually think are wrong and should be fixed. That's not a healthy atmosphere