View Single Post
Old 02-11-10, 11:46 PM   #119
frinik
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Hello Mortslayer,Lc and fellow ZW Tankers,

Just for the record, I am not frustrated with the little problems, merely annoyed but also philosophical.I haven't encountered yet the perfect game of any kind that does not have issues, bugs and that doesn't need patches.No I am more puzzled by the fact that once you have an install which has most if not all the problems fixed why would a game not start?????

Anyway as I told ZW I am going to make a new install on my external hard drive and try installing ZW's latest mod without at first the Xmas gift(Tigers Shake Kurtenki) as you did and with ZW's suggested files and if it works well then I'll install the Xmas gift and report the final result to see fi there are any remaining problems or was it merely my own lack of expertise that created the problem..

ZW for reasons of convenience do you think it would be possible to have on your website a folder which would contain all your mods up to current and which would only be accessible to your members using individual or collective password? That would save us having to retrieve downloads which sometimes are broken or looking at previous emails to find the right link?Or alternately - as smartly suggested by Mort - having a final patch that encompasses all the various versions of your latest release would be great and save ZW and us lot's of time.

Re the FPS againt I am philosophical, as long as my game runs well at 8 or 9FPS I am happy!

BTW I wanted to share a little bit of tank history with you guys;

I read an article on the Koenigstiger(Tiger II) and apparently there was a proposal made by Henschel( the main manufacturer of the Tiger II and today a leading manufacturer/exporter of trains and rail cars) to create what they called Klein Tiger (Little Tiger but I would call it Tiger Cub)) in December 1944.It would have weighed a mere 33 tons( less than half the size of it's Big Brother and 1/3 lighter than a Panther) and would have been powered by a Maybach 230/P30 engine producing 630 hp.It would have had 80 mm ( a little over 3 inches) of sloped front armour and 160 mm ( over 6 inches) of new layered armour.It was to have been equipped with a Krupp 100 mm PanzerwurfKanone) able to penetrate 200 mm of armour at 100 metres distance and 160 mm at 1000 metres.The end of the war, shortages of materials combined with the destruction of German industrial capacity meant the project remained on paper.It would have been a formidable weapon; fast, well armoured, excellent gun and consuming less steel and fuel.It came one year too late!

Unfortunately, no blueprints or plans survive.My hunch is that it may have looked like a cross between the KT and the Panther.

Best Rs
frinik is offline   Reply With Quote