Old 02-07-10, 08:46 AM   #9
Snakeeyes
Captain

Location: trailing 1400 yards behind an Oscar-II with my outer doors open
Downloads: 54
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arclight View Post
I'm running that on a 520W PSU, CPU is supposed to draw 95W, but it's slightly underclocked (2.8 instead of 2.84GHz). Cranked up the FSB to 1600 instead of 1333, so that's technically overclocked. 1 DVD-RW, 4HDs, X-fi Platinum souncard, 5 fans (3 case + 2 CPU).

520 gives me all the power I need, though I have some concerns about upgrading the graphics card to, say, GTX275/285 or the new GTX460/480 that are on the way. Would feel more comfortable with a 600W supply in that case (750-800 or more if you're interested in SLI/CrossFire or dual-GPU card).

For temp monitor, SpeedFan is a nice tool. Small, light, easy to place on 2nd monitor while playing and keep track of the temps. Might need to click "configure" and deselect some sensors that you don't need, to declutter the display; my 3rd and 4th core weren't visible (window doesn't resize), so I deselected the HD temps.
I'm not looking at upgrading the graphics card for the moment either. I'm satisfied with what I get out of it for the time being. This AMD chip I'm looking at gets nothing but positive reviews at the moment.