View Single Post
Old 08-14-05, 02:36 AM   #4
ReubenJames
Gunner

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

I had been doing my Flight Simulation career since 1995. From Electronic Arts' USNF to Microprose Falcon 4.0. Then on and off, flying the Flanker until 2 years ago, I retired. Since then, I joined the army. I was a combat veteran of Battlefield 1942, Call of Duty mainly and lately Battlefield 2. When I come home, I serve in the Police Force, doing SWAT 4, very impressive too. But all these are too fast.

I feel naval simulation gives me the opportunity use my patience, which is a virtual sometimes. I love Jane's Fleet Command. It's a bit dated but the playability is aboslutely unbeatable. You are in command of a naval battle, or if the scenario runs, a war. The most delicious part is to have all the eye-candy when you shoot up the resolutions to 1600x1200. I used to play with my cousin's Sub Command a few years back, when the simulation was very actively discussed in SimHQ. Well, sadly I didn't go into it much really because I find it very hard to learn. But after recently playing Jane's Fleet Command, suddenly I feel like playing multiplayer with modern naval vessel. So yesterday, I went to buy Sub Command! Think I am a late commer as I was with Battlefield 1942. But I like the MP mode of Sub Command.

I also like to take this opportunity to thank every one who has brought us SCXIIc and the mods of Jane's Fleet Command.
ReubenJames is offline   Reply With Quote