View Single Post
Old 01-15-10, 07:11 AM   #2098
BadKarma1001
Mate

Downloads: 168
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfred Keitzer View Post
The issue came up when I recently tested out the XXIII in Monsun going from Norway to the English coast. I was repeatedly attacked (day and night) by aircraft while I was anywhere from 40 to 90 meters underwater, which brought me here to another complaint by someone else about being attacked out of the blue at 80 meters by an aircraft.
Exactly the same issue brought me here, while using 720.
Snorcheling my way in a XXIII from Norway to the Scottish coast got a message that my radioman detected radar signals, hauled in the snorchel went to 90 meters, changed course and get pinpointetly pounded by Catalinas the whole day.
How deep do i have to go for not be spotted by planes and also my understanding of the radar waring reciver is that i have way time to countermeasure when radar signals are detected and not get "made" on the first glimpse.

Another thing is the submerging times of the XXI and XXIII boats.
I recently read that the main leap in submarine technologie with these boats was their ability/purpose to travel large amount of times submerged (up to 3 day with batteries on 5 knots) but i cant do this in OM even if the batteries whould hold on this long time the CO˛ levels prevent it.
Shouldn´t the snorchel also take care pf the CO˛ levels?

I don´t want to tick somebody off, just asking!