View Single Post
Old 01-14-10, 01:28 PM   #2090
Wolfling04
Frogman

Downloads: 102
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by karamazovnew View Post
You don't need to be locked on a ship to receive credit for the sinking.
And god damn it guys, how are you supposed to understand and appreciate (or criticize) what a mod does if you haven't played the stock version? If you did, you'd know perfectly well that in stock the Locking problems are much worse than in OM. In light fog you couldn't lock on a ship that was 2000m away. In OM the lock breaks only on distant ships. Ships closer than 3000m don't break lock even in rough weather. Just keep you periscope on the target and press L, if it breaks lock, press L again...
I am not criticizing anything about this mod, I mentioned I remember it being a stock game issue. I have been playing sub series since Aces of the Deep, then SH2, SH3, and SH4. Playing the stock game and pressing A and CTD'ing I was there as most of us were. Please do not badger me, because, I have played the stock game. I LOVE this mod and play it almost on a daily basis, but when I lock onto a ship less then 2000meters away in perfect weather and I lose lock every 3-5seconds, I believe it is something worth mentioning.

In fog, storms, rough seas, or any other adverse weather I must agree just simply press L or the lock button on the scope. And no, you dont need to be locked on the ship to get credit

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...light=Lock+Bug