View Single Post
Old 01-14-10, 06:15 AM   #2
karamazovnew
The Old Man

Downloads: 151
Uploads: 0

Since I had to export a few interior models in Maya, I can warn you that you'll need to recreate much of the 3d model. It not only needs to be quadrangulated, but there are many surfaces which have to be joined. All UV layouts will need to be remade from scratch.

You can't download parts of the game as that would mean a breach of license. What you need to do is:

1. Get the game or one of the mods that has this ship.
2. Get Skwasjer's Silent Hunter Editor. This will allow you to export the objects. It also has a tutorial on how to do that.
3. It's better to use 3DSmax for the initial import, then export to Maya from it.
4. If you want to use the model for a mod, remember to give credit to the original creator.

However, since this is your first post, and it's been placed in the wrong place, I must warn you that even if you only want it as a helper for a personal project (those blueprints can get ugly ), or for any non-commercial use, unrelated to the SH4 game itself, well.. I'm not sure you should do that.

But as I just said, In Maya you'll have to remake most of the model and retexture it so... not sure how these license right work
karamazovnew is offline   Reply With Quote