growbag
Watch

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeeWolf View Post
Hello growbag,

I can best work with you if you answer some basic questions:

1.) Prior to starting the main game did you open the T vs T editor?
Hello zeewolf, thanks for the reply, and many thanks for the chrissie gift too by the way .

Sorry, I realise I didn't give too much info there, it was quite late and I was heading to bed!

I completely uninstalled TvT (and deleted the Lighthouse folder too), then did a fresh install from my DVD before installing your update.

This was under windows Vista sp2 by the way, which gives me some odd problems with this game at the best of times! It refuses to save my key assignments, and will not save screenshots to disk, even though I run the game "as administrator".

But to get back to the point, and answer your question - No, I did not run the editor, I have never run the editor. Should I? I would be rather lost in that I reckon .

PS re that crashing on the last mission, I have the same thing as well, I have never got to the end of it, although I got really close to the big camp at the end once before it crashed out. This happens on both my laptop (vista) and my desktop (xp), both have Nvidia cards (8400m-gs and gtx260 respectively). My desktop is less than 2 weeks old as well. If that helps

*EDIT* I did a fresh install of TvT on my desktop, installed your expansion, copied all those dll files into the folder and it work perfectly......WOOHOO Looks like my other problem is vista related. The new stuff is magic - soldiers shoot not just run away like possessed loonies, the tank is faster, the idle sound is fantastic (sounds a bit odd at speed though as the sample repeats), the enemy tanks are (in my opinion) easier to kill (ie better hit location calculations), and the other units are a scream (I was watching a hanomag with a dead machine gunner being continually rolled over because of shells landing nearby, it survived and eventuall drove off ).

*EDIT2* Just in case it helps anyone, I also tried it under the win7 evaluation version (on my desktop) and it works without having to copy those .dll files over.

Last edited by growbag; 12-30-09 at 09:01 AM.
growbag is offline   Reply With Quote