View Single Post
Old 12-27-09, 08:36 PM   #2
aussepom
Nub

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Hi it seems that I was not giving you the correct time left, the time given is not really fast.

it should read 46.9 - 3 or 4 seconds = 43.9 second max 44.9 seconds,

and so the equation changes I am sorry for that, this may create more interest, it is a threat that is now real to any ship or sub that goes up against the Russians or the Chinese
The skeptics do not see it as a real threat as it has or may have caused the destruction of several Russian subs.
in the book, I have created and it is possible that it could be done. a new slant, that would make it almost impossible to defeat, using what is available today.

So change the time left to the above .

a ship still traveling at the same speed 25kts but the aiming point would have to change, to 300yds and 150yds.
I would love the speed curves for the type 23 destroyers or even the latest ships.
this all comes to the reaction time when the contact is called to what action is then taken. and can the ship turn in time.
even with one engine put in em rev and one at full power fwd. is it enough? the rudder normally has only a 35 deg turn. I would like some comments
the ship in a straight line would have only traveled 400yards
as for the sub at 5kts only 12yds
so the aim point of 10 and 5yds.
a sub could do a dive and turn action, but the response time to do this would not be enough as I see it.

the worst case if it is only detected at 1000ydrs and this is now possible.
they would only have 8.9 seconds less the 3 to 4 seconds it took the operator to call it out.
so why then if this type of weapon is available are we bothering with all the different types. it is a tactical question for all ships and subs
aussepom
aussepom is offline   Reply With Quote