View Single Post
Old 12-21-09, 07:51 PM   #253
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aramike View Post
My problem with the concept of God with regards to the Jewish/Christian/Muslim God, is that I can't reconcile the fact that, if God actually created everything when and how the Bible says he did, than why did he create so much proof to the contrary of how the Bible depicts it?
Even more basic. Why has he created us humans so imperfect and obviously flawed like we are? Why leaving us the choice between good and evil if he could have made sure that we all do good, and are saved? What purpose is it for him to see some of us burning in hell?

If it is intention, then he is wicked.

If it is by accident, he is no almighty, perfect god.

If it is to see us failing and getting doomed over it by him, it is sick and evil.

If it is so see us succeeding - he could have had that from the beginning on by giving us a much imporved design.

If he is such a megastar amongst omnipotent superbeings, why taking pleasure from us worshipping him and doing what he wants to see us doing, and punishing us for failing because he designed us so that we could fail? Don't we get punished then due to his design decisions? Shouldn't we be the ones then punishing him...? I mean we would have much more reason to be angry about him then he has to be angry about us.

And if you tend to attribute all and everything to him and thank him for all the good stuff he is doing for you: before you thank him for letting your broken leg heal and having send you that person finding you when you were laying with broken legs on the ground at that isolated place - consider that it was also him flipping that banana skin in front of your feet so that you slipped on it and broke your leg.

The way our theistic religions imagine their gods, to me is just this: we try to bring all universe down to our level, define it's existence by our standards and means, and think all things revolve around us with our fate forming the centre of the universe. It is the ultimate egocentrism, the utmost megalomania. The more we hail our gods, the more we declare ourselves to be the navel of the universe. We think: God, but we mean: ourselves. Consequently, there is often a very huge ammount of self-righteousness (=Selbstgerechtigkeit) and patronizing (=Gönnerhaftigkeit) in religions. It ultimately culminates in the statement: "You may not believe in my god, but I tell you my God still loves you nevertheless." Oh how much I have to drink before I could bare such an arrogant adress. Translated into plain English it means: "I am right and everythign revolves around me."