View Single Post
Old 11-22-09, 12:12 PM   #156
karamazovnew
The Old Man

Downloads: 151
Uploads: 0

Thanks Hitman, the problem I see with the aobf is this:
When in the default position, all the mast values are perfectly aligned to the range values, all around the circle. But if you divide by a specific value (for example if you align 50 range with 100 mast, or 20 range with 100 mast), at the bottom of the circle, the values no longer match perfectly. For example:
The image on the right is is at 100/100, the image on the left is at 100/50

The amount of displacement depends on the multipying factor. Since most ships have a height of around 25 and most shots are made at about 8-10 marks on the stadimeter, this can throw the range off by up to 50m. But it's not critical, since the human error value when using the stadimeter will be far greater anyway and they shou;d well compensate eachother (you'll always tend to exagerate the number of marks).

When moving the inner dial I'm not concerned about making it historically accurate but for ease of use. I don't want that dial to reset when moving the mouse or act weird. It's a far greater problem than I anticipated and it has been keeping me busy the entire day.

Looney, don't worry, I've got an answer for just about everything: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=153143. This will prevent me though from releasing multiple versions of the mod. Since any change to the roster can crash the game. I'll just make the one for OM and offer it to Lurker, if he wants to include it in his mod so that I don't have to update it every time he updates OM. I'll make a full documentation about how to include the mod in other mods.

PS: I won't go to bed until it's finished. I want to play!!!!!
karamazovnew is offline   Reply With Quote