View Single Post
Old 10-29-09, 06:41 PM   #12
TeaRex
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Here's the solution - Custom resolution.

Here's how you actually do it without any third party software. I just figured this out after neither refreshlock nor refreshforce nor multires nor powerstrip nor registry editing nor Monitor .INF file patching helped and I was just about to give up.

In contrast, this one works flawlessly on my shiny new GTX 260 (Ain't I sneaky? OK, probably I'm not the first one to figure this out, but no answers on this or other forums suggested this yet.)

Create a custom resolution in your driver control panel. Just make it one line smaller than your desktop resolution - for example 1600x1599, or 1280x1023, or 1280x959, or 1024x767. You get the picture. The point is that you create only one version of this resolution - with your desired refresh rate. And with the timings changed so that to the monitor it looks identical to your desktop refresh rate - just turn the vertical display size down by one and the vertical front porch size up by one. To the monitor this will just look like a black line that happens to be at the botttom of the normal picture.

Then start Crysis and set it to use this resolution. As there is only one version of it, with your desired refresh rate, Windows (and Crysis) has no other choice but to use that one. Boom, 85Hz (or 100Hz or whatever your heart desires).
TeaRex is offline   Reply With Quote