Old 10-19-09, 04:45 PM   #4835
irish1958
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 320
Uploads: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobias View Post
Hi everyone, my first post here YAY!

love this game, play the heck out of it, on my 3rd campaign now due to GWX updates and windows crashes, heh.

Cannot say enough about the work that went into this mod. REALLY made me get intrested in submarines, as i'm already a WWII buff, but i'm an Air Force guy by training.

Anyways, with that in mind, i loaded up GWX 3, and was a little concerned at a few changes i was noticing.

1)the first was that i keep firing torps after panning around in the periscope glass with the mouse, or UZO zoom...i couldn't figure out what was going on, and then noticed after lft clicking and looking around, [unless you F3 or elsewhere] to get back out, your very next left click is auto moved to the firing button! What is with THAT? it is very hard to break old habits, and i keep firing off wasted ammo unless i'm extremely careful. I can't find anything about this in the entire manual, is it a bug? or by design? If so, how can i change it back!?

2) when zooming in with binocs at night [not sure about other times] and then presing keypad 'Del' key to hide gauges...approx 10 seconds goes by and then the screen just goes all dark black, whereas you can't see anything...strangely, unhiding the guages brings the brightness back up. Anyone else notice this?

3) Lately they've behaved normally, but on my first few patrols there woudl be one guy in his shirt, in the rain, with the others in raincoats, and vice versa on a sunny day..they would have raincoats on for quite a while... seemed to work perfectly in 2.1

4) it seems there are a LOT more ship encounters, and also, i seem to get pretty lucky destroying merchants with 1 torp set at impact at 2 meter draft, then pounding a few shells below the water line...seems a lot easier than before..almost too easy now. I easily got 5-6 ships just on the way out to my patrol grid on my second patrol, with the earliest crappy torps!?!? i havnt had one fail on impact yet?!

sorry so long of post, can anyone shed some light here? are these install bugs? corrupted files etc?
I am not sure what the problems are due to. When you have a large number, it is a good idea to run with just CMDR and GWX, and then add the mods as you go, rather than all at once. The last mod is not an official GWX mod (ring-ring) so I suggest you deactivate it first and see what happens. The enhanced damage effects causes problems on some systems, but not on most.
Your # 3 is a known SH3 bug that can't be fixed. If you submerge and resurface the gear should be appropriate.
#4; just wait a bit and it gets very much harder.
I always select the option to automatically roll-back.