Thread: Help. I'm lost.
View Single Post
Old 10-14-09, 05:58 AM   #8
CaptainHaplo
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 0

We do know a bit. Its an evolution from the SH4 engine supposedly. Not a completely different one, but definitely not the same either.

The problem is you could spend the 900 - and still not have a machine that will run sh5, or you sould spend the 600 and be find. Unless we can get some idea of their target hw requirements, bigger is better.

Honestly, your going to probably be ok with the 600 machine. However, I doubt you will be able to run SH5 at max. The 900 machine should be alot more "pretty" and smooth, based purely on the difference in vid cards.

Its a safe bet that they won't require more than 892, as thats the "standard" for nvidia's 200 class. There is also a bigger difference than you realize in the 2 chips. The clock speed is one thing, but the P7350 is actually much faster due to the higher amount of L3 (onboard) cache.

I have to advise - given the SH5 isssue - to go with the more powerful machine if you cannot wait. Long term, its going to last you more as a game machine than the 600 will.

Either is fine for today's games. But what about the games of tommorow? SH5 isn't here today.

Captain Haplo
CaptainHaplo is offline   Reply With Quote