View Single Post
Old 10-04-09, 09:54 PM   #279
seaB
Watch

Downloads: 45
Uploads: 0

SH4 main menu video settings set at highest level did not make a great picture for the game; mainly there was jagged edges.

I just tried nHancer yesterday.
I first thought I don't want to choose "Global" because that will affect all my other various PC game video settings.
I just want to set it for SH4.
I'll went straight to making a nHancer SH4 Profile.
I could not get it to work and thought this nHancer advise is rubbish.

I then tried using the Nvidia Control Panel > 3D Settings > "Manage 3D Settings"
or
"Use the advanced 3d image settings" > "take me there" >"Global Settings" > tweaked it = SH4 has NO Jaggies anymore.

I thought if that works so must nHancer.
I reset Nvidia 3D settings to 'Let the 3D application decide".
I opened nHancer.
I used the Global settings as described by #1 post and it worked perfectly = SH4 no more ugly jaggies.
The graphics are now very exciting!

I think it is very important in this discussion to include what size you pc monitor + resolution, video card etc, is
so no doubt can be put on poster's worked or not worked replies = mainly eliminating jaggies.
I think I only read 2 posts in this long 12 page #282 post thread that mentioned monitor size / resolution.
I was beginning to think that it could only work for smaller sized monitors therefore lower resolutions.
I read somewhere that SH4's native resolution / what this game was optimized for is something like 1080 x 768.
It has to get enlarged / scaled-up to play on larger monitors which causes the jagged edges.

My monitor is 22inch - native resolution is 1680 x 1050.
Pentium 4 3.0Ghz.
2 GBs RAM
Video Card - Asus EN 9500 GT OC - 500MB RAM.

This nHancer works on my system.
A bit of a nuisance though having to install the .Net Framework 3.5 beforehand that nHancer needs to work.
I think modern Nvidia driver with tweaked Global settings works just as good too with my PC specs.
seaB is offline   Reply With Quote